Many of our Requesters today fund their accounts with a credit card – but we often get asked about funding an account with a bank account. Here’s how:
First, you will need to add your bank account details to your Amazon Payments account. If you’ve ever purchased Mechanical Turk pre-paid HITs you have an Amazon Payments account associated with your Mechanical Turk account. To add the bank account to your Amazon Payments account:
- Log in to http://payments.amazon.com
- Go to “Edit My Account Setting” in your Payments account.
- Click on “Add bank account”
- Provide your account details including your Bank Account Holder Name, Routing Number, Account Number and Account type (personal or corporate checking account).
- Click Continue and you will be led through the Bank Account verification process.
Part 2: Pre-pay for HITs with your bank account
Once your bank account has been verified, you can use it to purchase Mechanical Turk pre-paid HITs by following these steps:
- Log in to your Mechanical Turk Requester account - http://requester.mturk.com
- From your Mechanical Turk account, go to Account Settings -> Prepay for Mechanical Turk HITs.
- Enter in the amount you would like to fund.
- Click “Continue to Amazon Payments”
- Login to Amazon Payments with your Amazon Payments account email and password.
- Select the bank account you want to fund the Mechanical Turk account.
- Confirm your selection.
Note: It can take up to 5-7 days for bank account transfers to clear and for the funds to be available in your Amazon Mechanical Turk account.